Sunday, 6 April 2008

40th Birthday

Well yesterday was a bad day for sport and me, West Brom lost in the semi-final but were the better team so that was very frustrating, its a good job the neighbours had gone to Wembley because my language was disgraceful :)
Any how I have quite a few birthdays coming up so I thought I better get a move on, its Dave's sisters 40th in May but because she is going away for 3 weeks I have to get it ready now. I have made her a money wallet because that is what she wanted......of course she wants money in it too :)
Michelle made some of these at Christmas for gift cards and I kept the idea waiting for the chance to make one, I can not remember where the tutorial is on this though sorry. I will ask Michelle. They are so easy to make, I used Laura Ashley contemporary papers and some hammer card. I bought a craft robo 2 christmas's ago, I had only been making very basic cards for a little while but saw one on a craft show and thought it would be a great idea to make peel off's and aperture cards. Well I must of used it about 6 times and kept forgetting about it (it was stuck in a cupboard, tut tut tut). I saw one on the tv the other day and decided to dust mine off, and that is how I have done the 40th with the Laura Ashley paper, you may be seeing a bit more of it now :). There is a little magnet holding the flap down which I bought from hobby craft.





9 comments:

Manna said...

This is fabulous, Gina! I love the paper!

suzann said...

Gina, sorry to hear about your sports teams - I know you were looking forward to today!! [watch that language, young lady, lol!]

I really love this card. What a great design for the gift cards. I will have to "borrow" this idea!

Suzanne said...

THis is gorgeous may CASE this very soon have a 40th coming up on the 15th and she wants money!!! sorry about your team but don't really understand as I have no interest in men running about a field after a ball!!! Sue :o)

Han said...

Wow this is fab what a good idea and the colours are stunning. xx

Michelle said...

Great money wallet. I love those papers, hmmm ... I feel a purchase coming on!! I don't know the link off hand now but I will have a look for it shortly. I think it is on my post on my blog somewhere! Sorry to hear about you team but I hope otherwise you are having a nice weekend :0) x

Alexandra said...

Really awesome project, Gina!! Sorry about your teams....*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

My Paper World said...

It's gorgeous Gina! xx

NattyK said...

Sorry about the baggies, they should have won. I am glad my mum never came to the football with me she would not have liked my language either. I love the money wallet, great job. x

Jo said...

We may not have got to the final but we were the best team on the day! BOING! BOING!

Love your money wallet, what a great idea!