Monday, 5 November 2007

Last Christmas cards for a while

Another 2 christmas cards, I have decided I will not be making anymore until I have made a few birthday cards, a change is as good as a rest as they say. This is my first christmas making cards and I am finding it quite hard to make them different. I have heard it might be best just to make a batch of the same but I do get bored doing the same thing.

Anyway the card below I am quite proud of, the christmas tree stamp was free out of a magazine, I have stamped it out 6 times into the shape of a large christmas tree, I have cuttlebug embossed a strip across the middle and edged that off with sticky ribbon.

This card is a pink cat studio stamp, I have stamped onto red card and white glitter card, shows up better in real life. I have then added a stamped holly (again free with magazine) and coloured in with sakura pens. The idea of the cupcake as a christmas cake was inspired by dawn (All pink Girl) recipe challange card. I am really having problems with the quality of my photos so if anyone has any tips please let me know.
Am off now to make some birthday cards whoopeeee


6 comments:

NattyK said...

Lovley cards. I love how you stamped the christmas tree stamp into the shape of a tree, very clever. x

My Paper World said...

Great cards, I love the embossed strip on the first, and the sparkle on the cake in the second!
I'm never happy with my photos either, the colours never look the same as in real life! The only tips that I have are: To always photo in good daylight if poss, hold your camera as still as possible, and if you have a setting on your camera that looks like a tulip, use it, as it stops blurring on close ups.xx

All Pink girl said...

Hi Gina lovely card again ,
try this with for your photos and see if it helps ,
get 2 A4 sheets of white card ,fold one in half and use the other one as a base to stand your card on ,put the folded one behind your card like a back drop ,this will bounce the light so you dont have to get so close and then you may not shake, and then you dont have get so close and then it may not blur try and keep the sunlight or light facing the card and you stand to the side ,then if its to big just crop the picture a bit ,hope this helps Dawn xx

juliejules said...

Hi there

thanks for the comments on my blog, will keep reading your too now!

All Pink girl said...

Gina the flowers are on the big bloomers cd from pink petticoat (i think lol)you just print them over your patened papers and cut out ,
e-mail me if you need any more help with your photos link is on my blog xxxxDawnx

All Pink girl said...

Arr Gina thanks for your kind words ,your cards are fab ,i love coming to see what you make to ,Dawnxx